NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DC Dude's Eclipse Review

Yesterday my sister and I went to the midnight showing of Eclipse...and we were waiting in line for 12 hours! My sister decided she wanted to be one of those crazy people that gets in line really early. So we did, and the Arizona heat was not good, but they had us in the shade with some misters and free water, so it wasn't too bad. The time actually went by pretty fast as I spent the time listening to music, reading and playing my DS. I was also able to listen to every single Miley Cyrus song ever recorded, which reminded me of how much of a Miley fan I am.
The movie was really good! Midnight movies are a fun experience, but the one thing I don't like about them is the commentary that people give during the movie. Sometimes it's funny, but when people shout out at the beginning that Dumbledore dies is a bit much.
I think it's interesting how the first and second movie differed so much and then this one was more like New Moon. I really liked how they showed the backstory of Rosalie and Jasper. It was cool to see where they come from and why they act they way they do. I would have been cool to see Emmet's origin as well, but I was told that it wasn't as dramatic as Jasper or Rosalie's. Another annoying thing...obssesive Twilight moms. This lady in front of me probably screamed the loudest when Jacob came out for the first time without his shirt on. Does her husband know she loves an 18 year-old more than him? Probably not...LOL =)
There was a lot of intense scenes in this movie too. Whether they be emotional or action, a lot was going on. With the multiple storylines going in so many places, when they finally came together they exploded. It all worked so well and it was AWESOME! *Possible Spoiler* My favorite scene in the movie was probably when Jasper was teaching the Cullens and the Wolves how to fight newborn Vampires. It was funny to watch each family member go at each other and then see the funny interactions in-between.
I really liked the new Victoria actress. She was in Spider-Man 3 and I think she did a good job with the role. It's an interesting role that she can now put on her resume and show how varied she now is as an actress.
Other than all of the annoying little things, it was a good movie. If you want to go...maybe wait a while for the crowds to die down or go with some friends to hang out in line with. A good summer movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment