NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Saturday, December 29, 2012

DC Dude's 2012 Review

What a year! It's been a crazy one, but still crazy awesome. It's been so much fun to return from my mission in Minnesota and get caught up on everything. Granted, I'm still pretty behind on a lot of things, but I'll catch up.
This has been a great year for music. We saw a lot of returns by amazing artists like Bieber, Demi, Taylor Swift and David Archuleta. It also seemed like the year of You-tubers as Psy and Karmin burst from the computer to the world-wide stage. A couple Disney Channel stars made it onto the music scene as well with Bridgit Mendler and Shane Harper releasing debut albums. Zendaya and Bella of "Shake it Up!" grew musically as well with an amazing song mash-up of "Something to Dance For/TTYLOXOX". There is obviously a ton more that I missed, but those were some of my favorites.
Movies! Three huge superhero movies made it out this summer, with "Spider-Man" and "Avengers" and "Dark Knight Rises". Three amazing movies...I don't think words can describe the awesomeness of them.
Musicals grew a lot this year too! At the beginning of the year, NBC premiered "Smash", a show about the behind the scenes making of a Broadway hit with all the drama that accompanies it. I loved this show! The music is amazing and it actually taught me a lot about Broadway and how it works. The fourth season of Glee started as well, bringing new characters and new drama. This season is the best yet! I wasn't too big on it at the beginning, but I think it was because I missed all the regulars. I'm used to the new people now and how everything works. Then at the end of the year "Les Mis" as a musical came to the big screen...and it's AWESOME! I saw it last night and it is so good! Ignore what everyone says, Russel Crowe did amazing and Anne Hathaway was the best singer in the movie. Loved it!
2013 looks like a great year! Here are the albums I'm looking forward to the most in 2013:
  • Lady GaGa
  • Selena Gomez & the Scene
  • Katy Perry
  • Jonas Brothers
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Demi Lovato
  • ...whatever else comes...
Movies in 2013 I can't wait for:
  • Oz: The Great and Powerful
  • Iron Man 3
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Now You See Me
  • Man of Steel
  • Monsters University
  • Despicable Me 2
  • The Wolverine
  • Thor: The Dark Worlds
  • Catching Fire
  • Frozen
  •  ...again, whatever else...
Promises to be a big year in all forms of entertainment! You know I'll be there with you all.
What did I miss in this post that you loved about 2012? Or what are you looking forward to in 2013? Leave your comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment