NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Camp Rock Week

DC Dude here to wrap up Camp Rock week! I followed the same thing I did last week and listen to the soundtrack in the car and jammed out to prepare for the movie. It was Tuesday afternoon and I realized that I was going to watch Camp Rock later that week and I got really excited! I love this movie! I remember when it was coming out too. I was a Junior in High School and I was just getting into the JoBros and their music. I was a huge HSM fan by then and Camp Rock seemed like the next big thing for Disney Channel. I had a friend in my photography class and we'd talk about the movie every time and how we loved the JoBros and thought Demi was super talented. She thought the movie was going to be better and be more popular than HSM was, but I didn't agree =).
This movie came at such a high time for Disney Channel. HSM3 was coming soon, Cheetah Girls was just finishing up, Wizards of Waverly Place was climbing, Hannah and Suite Life were well settled, these were the good days! And Camp Rock was just another amazing addition to the Disney Channel family.
When I watched the movie on Thursday, I couldn't help but compare it to the second one. I noticed some people that were missing and some changes to characters from the first to the second. All that aside, this movie did an amazing job at displaying young, amazing talent that were all trying to make something of themselves in the world. I think that's the purpose of the movie too. To give people a chance to get out other and be who they want to be. Don't let the world tell you that you're not good enough, be the best you that you can be! Just ROCK IT!
I love this movie! There is so much power in the message that it sends.
I made a cover art for my favorite song in the movie too! It's the song that Peggy sings for the Final Jam, called "Here I Am". I know it's really simple, but I like it that way. And I didn't want to put the artist on the cover because the actress isn't actually the one that sings it in the movie.

Next week is HSM2! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment