NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Few Music Reviews

Emily Osment's single "Let's Be Friends" came out a couple weeks ago and I was so excited to get it! I have been waiting for something new since her EP and I feel like this is something completely new from her. Her EP is rock/pop with an Alternative edge, but her new song is 100% pop. I really like how it's new and introducing another side to her as an artist. Her new song makes me really excited for her new CD.
Katy Perry released her new single last month. It's been in the top singles in iTunes for a long time. It was featured on So You Think You Can Dance and I really liked the beat of it and how fun it sounded. I got it on Amazon (since they don't add tax to digital downloads) and it is my favorite summer song...EVER! It encompasses all that summer is. Having fun at the beach, hanging out with friends and California! California is the perfect summer state and the combo of Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg are perfect on this song.
I am a new fan of Grace Potter & the Nocturnals and their new CD is really good. It's a good combination of rock and jazz and pop and alternative. Grace Potter has a great voice for this style and her voice is really unique. It's kinda like the old school style but bringing it back and making it cooler than it was. If you're not quite sure if this band is for you, check out "Paris" and "Tiny Light", two of my favorites on the album.
The final CD for the first season of Glee came out last week and the finale was everything I was hoping for and more. All the storylines were wrapped up and they were all ended on a happy note. I loved all the songs too! The new version is my favorite out of all the songs. It seems a bit faster and each person gets a little solo. My one thing though is that I wish they would play the entire song during the episode. We didn't get to see Kurt, Tina, or the rest of Santana's solos. But all in all, it was AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment