NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Monday, January 11, 2010

Michael John's "Hold Back My Heart" Review

Michael Johns finished eighth in the season of American Idol with David Archuleta and David Cook. It was sad to see him go, but I don't think America was ready for his sound yet. Like they say in so many songs and movies, "you don't know what you've got till its gone". I think this was the case with him. We had to see what we were missing to realize how great and unique this new artist was. His CD "Hold Back My Heart" does not disappoint!
I'd always wanted this CD, but when I ordered Caitlin Crosby's on Amazon and say I only needed $11 more to get the free shipping, I added this to my order. It was worth the wait! He has such a classic sound to him. It's mixed with soul, rock, acoustic guitar and piano. The songs are so masterfully written and sung.
My favorite on the whole album is "Little Bear". It's a play on Goldilocks and the Three Bears where he notices someone else has been sleeping in his bed. It's a little grown up, but the song's lyrics keep it clean and so much fun. You get the message without it being to TMI-ish.
Such a good CD, I recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment