NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Monday, January 11, 2010

Caitlin Crosby "Flawz" Review

When I was researching Jason Castro's tour, I discovered two singers I've never heard of before. One was Matt Hires. He is....okay. His voice sounds like it's in a permanent vibrato and it got a little old. The second was Caitlin Crosby. I listened to her samples on Amazon and iTunes and I was impressed. Her reviews were all pretty good so then I listened to her songs on iLike. By the second song, I knew I needed her CD.
She has such a unique sound. It's earthy and deep and more real. Her voice matches the songs she sings perfectly, because each one has a different message to it. On talks about how our generation needs to be able to live in the same world those before us did. Another talks about how we shouldn't mold ourselves to be perfect, then sings, "imperfect is the new perfect".
Caitlin Crosby is probably one of my new favorite artists. I really like how artists today and bringing back old sounds and making them new and molding them into fresh music. Brooke White and Michael Johns do this and are soooo good at it!
If you go to Wikipedia and look up Caitlin Crosby, it says she was on "That's So Raven!". I've been trying to think of what episode she was in and I think it's the one with Rainbow. Remember, Chelsea has a fundraiser and gets the singer to come and sing at their school and then they all wave carrots instead of lighters. Such a funny episode!
You probably won't be able to find Caitlin's CD at a Barnes & Noble of Target, so order it online. If you order it on Amazon, you'll get $3 of Amazon MP3's. It's a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment