NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The End of KSM

KSM posted some sad news on their Facebook yesterday, the end of their band. I got to see them on Demi Lovato's summer tour last year, and you could really tell they loved what they were doing. They had a small setlist, but of their best songs. They had beach balls with their band logo set up on the stage for them to kick out to the audience. Each song is so fun and has awesome lyrics. They have such a definite style and sound that I really thought they would grow and evolve into a mainstream band, which would be a first for a Walt Disney Records artist. Their first single "Distracted" was one of my favorites the first time I heard it on Radio Disney. I didn't like "Read Between the Lines" the first time I heard it but it grew on me over time. Then I got their album...AMAZING! Their two singles don't do them justice at all. "Rain on My Parade" is my favorite. And then their song on Disneymania 7!!! "Good Enough" is now one of my favorite Disneymania songs.
I always find it interesting that bands decide to end. Is it the record company or the people in the band? Earlier this year, bass player Sophia left the band to continue on with school. This action can also be seen in the group when lead singer Libby left. She left to go back to "regular" life, but it helped the group grow. Another girl in the group really showed that she could sing well, and led many great songs. This could have been KSM's opportunity to grow and be stronger as they lose a friend. By bringing in someone new, they could have brought in a different flavor.
KSM had a TON of fans as well. At the concert last summer, they had a huge line for autographs and photos. Disney also invested a lot in them. They were originally a protege group to the Bee Gees (ask your parents who they are) but Disney tossed them when KSM got more popular. They've toured with Demi & David, Mitchel Musso and even Paramore.
These girls are one of my favorites, and it makes me really sad that we won't get to hear any new music from them. So TE readers, go out there and get yourself a copy of KSM's debut and final album together "Read Between the Lines"!

No comments:

Post a Comment