NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Miranda Cosgrove "Sparks Fly" Review


DC Dude here with a review of Miranda Cosgrove's debut album, "Sparks Fly". I was a little nervous about buying her CD. I didn't really like her single "Kissin U" and she looks really different from when we see her on Nick. But I went to Best Buy and got the deluxe edition of the CD because it had four extra songs on it for only a couple dollars more.
I listened to the CD on Monday on AOL's Listening Party (where you can listen to all the songs before it comes out and make sure you like it). I really liked it. I was still unsure because sometimes you like a song when you first hear it then you don't. But not these songs! There are so many different sounds on this album. Some fun dance songs, slower songs with some ballad lyrics, and some awesome laid-back songs that are fun to sing at the top of your lungs! Here is my song by song review:
  1. Kissin U: 6.5/10 Not a favorite but still a good album opener. The lyrics are nice and the song has a good story.
  2. BAM: 9/10 The first of a couple fun dance songs. Has a good beat and has a good balance between funness and good lyrics.
  3. Disgusting: 10.5/10 When I first heard this song I thought "I've heard this before..." This is a Ke$ha song but covered my Miranda. The sound of it really fits her and my favorite song of the moment. I definitely like this version better than Ke$sha's.
  4. Shakespeare: 9/10 I LOVE songs with a story to them. This one follows our main girl as she meets a new guy and before they get too far into the relationship she asks if he "Likes Shakespeare, Jeff Buckley, watching movies on Sunday, kissin when it's rainin, makin faces in the station". A really fun pre-relationship songs with lyrics that are easy to remember.
  5. Hey You 7/10 After four fast/upbeat songs, this slow song came unexpected. I sometimes skip it but its a good song.
  6. There Will Be Tears 100/10 My favorite song on the whole CD. Reminds me a little bit of "Potential Breakup Song" but different. Has a great lyric that says, "there will be tears, but they're not gonna be mine"
  7. Oh Oh 9.5/10 The second great dance/fast song on the CD. A different sound from the earlier songs on the album and it's really good!
  8. Daybream 9.5/10 If you got the normal edition of the CD, this is the last song. It is a good closer and has great lyrics. A little angry but it works really well with the song.
  9. Brand New You 10/10 Love this song! This one reminds me of "Delete You" by Ashley Tisdale except this one is like Replace You. The chorus of this song is really fun too.
  10. What Are You Waiting For? 10/10 Some of the songs on this CD are bittersweet lonve songs, and this one is the best one out of all of them. She loves him, but he isn't loving back, but she know they could be so much more.
  11. Adored 11/10 My favorite extra song on the album. You hear the title and think it'll be slow and sweet...but it is fast and rockin'! I love the ballad lyrics with the faster music.
  12. Beautiful Mess 10/10 Another bittersweet song. Sometimes it seems wrong to like all the sad songs, especially this one. It's sad but really powerful.

Sometimes, the extra songs on a CD are the ones that got kicked aside after recording. But all these are AMAZING! So, go to Best Buy before the end of the week and get the Miranda Cosgrove CD with all the extra stuff on it! You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment