NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Friday, January 1, 2010

DC Dude's Review of Ashley Tisdale's "Guilty Pleasure"

Happy New Year everybody! Hope you had an awesome time ringing in the New Year! To celebrate, I bought Ashley Tisdale's CD "Guilty Pleasure" on Amazon MP3 and only paid $7! Here's how! You order a CD, and then you'll get a dollar credit for your next music purchase. Then you get the super cheap MP3 version of the song even cheaper! Then you go onto iTunes and get the bonus tracks. After doing all that, the whole thing is cheaper than going out and buying it.
I'd always kind of wanted her new CD. After listening to the samples on iTunes and Amazon, you could tell that it was going to be pretty good. Then when I learned that it was named #7 album of the year and #7 of the decade, I had to get it. So when I pre-ordered Katharine McPhee's CD, I got the perfect opportunity. I snatched it up at the low price and I've probably listened to it a total of 4 or 5 times in the past day. It is seriously that good! It's probably the best pop album I've ever heard....EVER! This CD just proves that she is not a Disney singer, but her own artist doing what she wants.


The album has such a great opening with "Acting Out". You hear this orchestra in playing this hugely epic song, then it switches over to a rock sound. SO AWESOME! But that is just the beginning. You then go to "It's Alright, It's OK", with it's cathcy lyrics and great vocals. There are so many good songs on this album that it's hard to pick a favorite. So I picked two =)

My first is "How Do You Love Someone". The song begins with such a deep instrumental that you can't help but love it. The lyrics are so amazingly powerful that you just want to hear the song over and over again! She goes back and forth, saying how she doesn't know how to love someone because she doesn't know what it is or looks like. It's a very empowering song, but at the same time is sad. Here is this person who's past haunts them continually, stopping them from letting love in their life. This song would make a great music video!
Second favorite is "Crank it Up". It is such a fun pop/hip-hop/dance song! You can't help but dance to it! Words are hard to use in describing how fun this song is!
If you buy this CD (which you should), go onto Coverlandia to put the album art to the songs. They have a ton of awesome ones, including the ones from this post! Props to you and awesome job!

1 comment:

  1. Hey DC Dude, it's Jesse from Coverlandia. I like your review, I feel the same way but, Ashley is still a Disney girl. In my interview with her she said she will always be a Disney girl in heart. And also could you ask please before using my cover art. At least e-mail me and tell me. It's worth alot and you guys are lucky I'm not charging you so please. Anyway I enjoyed your review. Teen Entertainment and DC Dude's Spot Rocks!

    ReplyDelete