NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Countdown

I can't believe that there is only two more days to Christmas. I went to Wal-Mart today with my sister and I am so glad I finished my shopping last month. It was crazy in there!
Today is all about Christmas specials. From the classics to the newbies, I'm going to try and cover all the good ones.
Starting with the classics, you can never go wrong with Rudolph and Frosty. From "I'm cude!" to "Oatmeal!", they never get old. Although, the second Frosty special with the girl as the magician isn't my favorite. And how many Rudolph's are there? The regular one, Shiny New Year...isn't there another one?
Who doesn't like Charlie Brown? I watched "It's Christmas, Charlie Brown" on Monday and it reminded me of the true meaning of Christmas. Why does it take Linus to remind us all of that? And then the little shorts with some of the character was after that, and Sally's was my favorite. I wish I could fall down a Christmas tree! Then, "I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown" was on this week too. I had never seen it before and it was hard to take an hour of the Peanuts characters. Rerun was pretty funny, and we got to see a lot of Snoopy too. But in the end, Rerun (Lucy and Linus' little brother) never got his dog! How sad is that?
This year we got two new CG animated specials. NBC's "Merry Madagascar" and ABC's "Prep & Landing". "Merry Madagascar" came a little early. It premiered the week before Thanksgiving, but it was a good start to the holiday season. "Prep & Landing" was so funny! I loved it! My only complaint was that I wish it was a little bit longer. A half-hour special was just too short for that.
"Shrek the Halls" premiered on ABC two years ago, and it's okay. It's not a favorite but it had its funny moments. I love the dancing turkey and the crazed lady in the Christmas store.
Of all the other ones, you've got Grinch, and all the millions of cartoons they show on ABC Family, and the corny but heartwarming movies on Hallmark Channel, all are just a must. Every Christmas, you can't help but watch all the silly new movies they have on Hallmark. They are so predictable, but for a free Christmas movie, what do you expect?
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment