NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GOSSIP SITE. THIS IS JUST A BLOG THAT SHARES THINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY ENJOY OR FIND INTERESTING!:)

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Countdown


DC Dude here! Christmas is almost here so I thought I would help TE get to 200 posts by Christmas by doing a Christmas countdown this week. Everyday I'll focus on something different (music, movies, shows, and then a wrap-up). So, today is music!

A lot of good Christmas music came out this year! I think it all started with David Archuleta's CD in October. From that point on, new things came out every week. Brooke White, Katharine McPhee, Bianca Ryan, Emily Osment, Mitchel Musso, Vanessa Hudgens, and a ton of others released new stuff this year. We got another "All Wrapped Up!" from Hollywood Records too. I really liked the new one. It had artists that we know and a couple newbies. I can't wait to hear more from Steve Rushton and Anna Margaret.

Emily Osment released her Christmas single this year as well. She did a cover/re-imagining of "Run, Rudolph, Run". It's one of my favorite Christmas songs to begin with, but she modernized it and made it amazing!

Vanessa Hudgens surprised us all with a new version of "Winter Wonderland". Selena & the Scene also did a version of "Winter Wonderland". My favorite has to be Vanessa's. It's so classic and pure.

The cast of Glee released a cover of Wham!'s "Last Christmas". They do such a great job on it. I think it's way better than Ashley Tisdale's version, but hers has some different things to it too. Hers is more of a pop song and keeps it fun, but the cast of Glee put their twist on it and make it so great!

I also discovered some past Christmas albums this year too! I bought Aly & AJ's Christmas album "Acoustic Hearts of Winter" and was blown away. I always knew the duo was talented, but their Christmas songs just confirm that ten-fold!

This Christmas season also showed us some new music other then just Santa Claus and snow. Nick Jonas & the Administration released their single "Who I Am" at the beginning of the month. I was pleasantly surprised! It had pop, rock, a little of 70's rock, and a tinge of country all wrapped into it! Allison Iraheta released her debut album this month too. I haven't listened to all of it (it's on my Christmas list =] ) but it sounds really good on iTunes and Amazon. And today, Katharine McPhee released her last single from her new album "Unbroken". It's called "How" and it's really really good. She is such an amazing singer!

That's today's Christmas Countdown! FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment